We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day to get us going. But sometimes I get bored with the same repertoire so I’m going to start to compile a list of breakfast ideas.
To start with, TOAST.
I’ve never really been a great fan of toast for breakfast; I have just found it too boring and doesn’t keep me going for as long as I would like. But I have tried different breads and toppings and now it is one of my favourite quick brekkies.
I tend to like a good hearty, grainy or sourdough, low GI bread. Not only are they more substantial, but they taste better too. I do try and avoid the “supermarket” breads where possible as they contain soy flour. The reason I avoid this is a whole other topic! Some of the ones we get are:
- Rye Sourdough
- Spelt Sourdough
- Baker’s Delight Wholemeal Country Grain (they no longer seem to put “anti-foam” in their breads so I do occasionally buy it now).
- Tip Top 9 Grain – any of them really
- English Muffins
- Country Life Brand (gluten free available)
- Ricotta and honey (yellow box)
- Hummus and sliced tomato
- Avocado and sliced tomato
- Avocado, tomato and cheese grill
- Cheese and tomato grill
- Mashed banana with cinnamon
- Peanut Butter (love the Macro Organic brand – it’s just peanuts! Fancy that!)
- Baked beans (home made preferably or the Coles Organic tin is not too bad)
- Cottage cheese, chives and sliced tomato
- Tinned tuna and tomato (Greenseas in springwater)
What other breads and toppings do you recommend?