I seem to have been very slack in keeping this blog updated. I thought I was organised and ready for the onslaught of Christmas but didn’t factor in how busy we would be with 2 end-of-year school commitments AND organising Amy’s birthday party for before Christmas before one of her friends goes away for 3 months.
The whole school thing was, of course, not without its stresses. Amy’s Presentation Day and Sophie’s Preschool Concert were both on the same day at EXACTLY the same time. Why hasn’t someone developed cloning for parents?
Having Amy’s party before Christmas, I think, worked out well and we may even stick to that idea for future years. Given her birthday is in the first week of January, many people are away at that time and it also means that perhaps, we, too could go away.
Christmas Day was a day of eating here at home – roast pork, ham and turkey – and I cooked my Nana’s Christmas pudding for the first time and it worked brilliantly! Still don’t like pudding though 🙁
So with the New Year, I am determined to keep the planning under control. This is also to help control the weight I seem to have gained through unplanned meals, eating out too often and picking! Greg also has a new job so I should be able to get back to my good routine and not succumb to suggestions of lunch out!!! I think I’ll stick to beans at least once a week though – have been enjoying them.
A few notes about this week:
- The Mexican beans are canned but they seemed interesting when I saw them in the supermarket.
- I use 2 types of cheese when cooking – there is always a goat alternative for Sophie. She seems to be intolerant to the casein in cow’s milk and it is not present in goat milk. I’ll be getting her tested further this year.
- Amy has requested curry for her birthday. 🙂
- The ham bones are from our Christmas ham – beautiful free range ham that I glazed myself with some success!
- I stocked up on the mince that was on special at our butcher before Christmas (not knowing if Greg would have a job!) and so there will be a few mince recipes over the next few weeks. They make life a bit easier too since most of the time it will make 2 meals.
|Mince & Bean Nachos||Chicken Stir-fry||Amy’s Birthday||Pea & Ham Soup||Grilled Fish & Salad||Spaghetti Bolognaise||Spaghetti Bolognaise|
|Beef Mince||Chicken||DINNER OUT||Ham Bones||White Fish||Mince||Leftovers|
|Mexican Beans||Snow Peas||Annapoorna||Oil||Lemon||Onion|
|Tomatoes||Broccoli||Split Peas – yellow||Avocado||Garlic|
|Carrot||Capsicum||Split Peas – Green||Tomato||Oil|
|Corn Chips||Jasmine rice||Cumin||Cucumber||Dried Herbs|
|Gruyere||Rice Bran Oil||Stock Cube (Massel)||Shallot||Fresh Basil|
|Goat Cheese||Garlic||Water||Dressing||Tin Tomatoes|
|Olive Oil||Ginger||Onion||Fresh Tomatoes|